Skip to main content

How Can I Use Messaging Apps to Get Business?

People often asked me, how can a messaging app like Whatsapp or WeChat be used to get business?

Firstly, please understand that we are already in a mobile world where people look at messaging apps like Whatsapp and WeChat more often than emails, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.  In fact, people now send files via WeChat and Whatsapp instead of emails. 

Secondly, we don't just communicate with people that we know via messaging apps.  We use messaging apps to get to know people that we don't know.  This is so true when we join groupchats where most of the people we don't really know.  In WeChat, you can get to know strangers via 'People Nearby' function to know people within 1,000 meters of your location. 

Thirdly, we use Whatsapp and WeChat to build our brand.  Yes, you can use Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn to build your brand. But using messaging apps is faster because it is more instant than these social media apps.  Through forming groupchats and lead in groupchats, we can build our brand quickly.  For example, I formed a 'Learn WeChat Everyday' groupchat last Sunday and that made me a guru on WeChat instantly and garnered two students for my WeChat class. 

Fourthly, messaging apps also have a big social media element. In Whatsapp, there is a Status page, similar to Facebook news feeds and here you can post your status to your Whatsapp friends. In WeChat, the social media page is called Moments.  We know that social media is good for getting business because people like to deal with people that they know and trust. Through social media updates, we can get to know a person and this definitely builds trust. 

Fifthly and most importantly, a messaging app like WeChat has an inbuilt payment platform called WeChat Pay where you can send and receive money instantly.  This definitely facilitates business. 

If you too want to get immediate business from your existing WeChat and Whatsapp accounts, message me at 8201-4347.  I will put you into one of my classes (Whatsapp Marketing or WeChat Power" at a special 67% discount, just for this article readers. Thanks. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What an Executive Coach and Business Coach Does

The Secret Under the Mattress: Why would a 79-year Man Bet So Big on 4D?

It was 2007 when we discovered his secret. While moving my father’s mattress, we found them: heaps and heaps of Singapore Pools 4D tickets. They were stacked in layers, a paper trail of lost hopes. What shocked us most wasn’t just the volume, but the stakes. He wasn’t betting a few dollars for fun. He was punting hundreds of dollars per draw—nearly ten times a month. At the time, my siblings and I were furious. Our father was a 79-year-old retiree. We wondered, with a mix of anger and confusion, why a man at his stage of life would need to win such "big money." What was he going to do with the money? We saw it as a reckless habit, a sign of poor judgment in his final years.  Some of us would say, "If I were to give him money to buy 4D, why don't I use the money and buy 4D myself?  At least I have better discipline".  It has taken me two decades, and the experience of raising my own three grown-up children, to finally see the truth that was hidden under that matt...

Head Bleeding when the Chair Falls

The Weight of Silence: What Were We Really Arguing About? My earliest memories are punctuated by the sound of shouting. In 1970, when I was barely 6 years old, I stood as a small witness to the fierce quarrels between my father and my late eldest brother Kah Yang (he passed away in 1971 at the age of 17). As I grew up, these contradictions became the soundtrack of our lives, usually centered around our family's shoe shop and clothing stalls in Chinatown. In the court of family opinion, the verdict was almost always the same: my father was "wrong." He was judged as a man who didn't fulfill his role, who wasn't "burdening" enough for the family’s success. But as I look back from the vantage point of 2026, I have to ask: Was that actually true? Let me finally put to rest what my father did right: the truths that were buried under decades of criticism: Unseen Labor: He worked grueling, long hours. I remember him hauling boxes of goods and equipment to set u...