Skip to main content

I Have Learnt Nothing Much From Your Training

Yes, you'll be surprised that your training participants said that they have learnt nothing much from your training. Before you get depressed as a Trainer and wondered what went wrong, why not listen further to the feedback?

I said, "Since you said 'nothing much', that means there is something that you learnt.  Could you share with me so that we can help others in future?"

There are 5 things that he learnt but dare not shared with me in the open, they are as follows:
  1. They learnt about themselves, like who they are as a person with fears, hopes and dreams.  In our training we get everyone to do the impossible: cut a piece of wood with just a piece of A4 paper
  2. They learnt that other companies are worse than them, that their bosses are not so bad after all. This is achieved when I shared with them my experience in training over 13,131 people since 2001 in 16 countries
  3. They learnt that commercial movies video clips are very educational too.  When I played movie clips from Hollywood and local movies, they were so touched (especially the movie "Peace Warrior" and "Entrepreneurs Era")
  4. They learnt that we can always do something now than later. In the training we made all our participants do something that they all along wanted to do IN THE CLASS.  You'll be amazed to see the relief and smiles on their faces when they have done that
  5. They learnt that they can now 'train the trainer', because I the Trainer made them teach back to me what they have learnt in the class. Many of them never realised that they too can be a trainer in their lives
By Andy Ng, Business Coach and Trainer with AsiaTrainers, text to him at 9367 2286 for latest courses on sales, leadership, Sun Tzu Art of War and Business at the Speed of Trust

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What an Executive Coach and Business Coach Does

The Secret Under the Mattress: Why would a 79-year Man Bet So Big on 4D?

It was 2007 when we discovered his secret. While moving my father’s mattress, we found them: heaps and heaps of Singapore Pools 4D tickets. They were stacked in layers, a paper trail of lost hopes. What shocked us most wasn’t just the volume, but the stakes. He wasn’t betting a few dollars for fun. He was punting hundreds of dollars per draw—nearly ten times a month. At the time, my siblings and I were furious. Our father was a 79-year-old retiree. We wondered, with a mix of anger and confusion, why a man at his stage of life would need to win such "big money." What was he going to do with the money? We saw it as a reckless habit, a sign of poor judgment in his final years.  Some of us would say, "If I were to give him money to buy 4D, why don't I use the money and buy 4D myself?  At least I have better discipline".  It has taken me two decades, and the experience of raising my own three grown-up children, to finally see the truth that was hidden under that matt...

Head Bleeding when the Chair Falls

The Weight of Silence: What Were We Really Arguing About? My earliest memories are punctuated by the sound of shouting. In 1970, when I was barely 6 years old, I stood as a small witness to the fierce quarrels between my father and my late eldest brother Kah Yang (he passed away in 1971 at the age of 17). As I grew up, these contradictions became the soundtrack of our lives, usually centered around our family's shoe shop and clothing stalls in Chinatown. In the court of family opinion, the verdict was almost always the same: my father was "wrong." He was judged as a man who didn't fulfill his role, who wasn't "burdening" enough for the family’s success. But as I look back from the vantage point of 2026, I have to ask: Was that actually true? Let me finally put to rest what my father did right: the truths that were buried under decades of criticism: Unseen Labor: He worked grueling, long hours. I remember him hauling boxes of goods and equipment to set u...