Skip to main content

No Ordinary Moments in WeChat Moments

WeChat Moments, No Ordinary Moments

       WeChat Moments is our social media page where our WeChat friends, and only our WeChat friends and not everyone (unlike Facebook and Instagram), can see what we post. 

       WeChat Moments is like your Facebook News Feeds, just that the readers are restricted to people that you have added as your WeChat friends, and not everyone as in Facebook.  You can post up to nine photos or one 30-seconds video in your Moments.  WeChat Moments also accepts posts that contain text only without any photos.  Hyperlinks and url shorterners are allowed.

(To post up to 30-minute long videos, create your own 'Channel' inside WeChat'.  "Channel' can post up to 30-minute long videos, and you can post such videos into your Moments)

       According to the company Tencent Holdings, 75% of WeChat users look at Moments every time they open up WeChat.   This amounts to 750 million people every day.  So if you don’t post in Moments, you are missing out on reaching out to potentially 750 million every day!

       When you post in your Moments every day, you are reaching out to your WeChat friends and you will stay within the top of mind recall for them.  In marketing, recall is everything.  For example, I am a trainer in WeChat.  I post in Moments regularly on latest updates to WeChat.  Three months following my post, I started to receive enquiries on WeChat courses because people see me as an expert in WeChat.  So I can testify that WeChat Moments is definitely a very useful way to market yourself.

       If you don’t post in Moments, or you do not post Moments every day, you are missing out a lot on this marketing. 

How to Post Moments:
       Go to Me page in WeChat
       Click on the album line
       Click on the top right line “My Moments”
       Click on the camera icon
       You can select photos from your phone’s photo album or simply take a photo
       Write something to describe your very moment in this post

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What an Executive Coach and Business Coach Does

The Secret Under the Mattress: Why would a 79-year Man Bet So Big on 4D?

It was 2007 when we discovered his secret. While moving my father’s mattress, we found them: heaps and heaps of Singapore Pools 4D tickets. They were stacked in layers, a paper trail of lost hopes. What shocked us most wasn’t just the volume, but the stakes. He wasn’t betting a few dollars for fun. He was punting hundreds of dollars per draw—nearly ten times a month. At the time, my siblings and I were furious. Our father was a 79-year-old retiree. We wondered, with a mix of anger and confusion, why a man at his stage of life would need to win such "big money." What was he going to do with the money? We saw it as a reckless habit, a sign of poor judgment in his final years.  Some of us would say, "If I were to give him money to buy 4D, why don't I use the money and buy 4D myself?  At least I have better discipline".  It has taken me two decades, and the experience of raising my own three grown-up children, to finally see the truth that was hidden under that matt...

Head Bleeding when the Chair Falls

The Weight of Silence: What Were We Really Arguing About? My earliest memories are punctuated by the sound of shouting. In 1970, when I was barely 6 years old, I stood as a small witness to the fierce quarrels between my father and my late eldest brother Kah Yang (he passed away in 1971 at the age of 17). As I grew up, these contradictions became the soundtrack of our lives, usually centered around our family's shoe shop and clothing stalls in Chinatown. In the court of family opinion, the verdict was almost always the same: my father was "wrong." He was judged as a man who didn't fulfill his role, who wasn't "burdening" enough for the family’s success. But as I look back from the vantage point of 2026, I have to ask: Was that actually true? Let me finally put to rest what my father did right: the truths that were buried under decades of criticism: Unseen Labor: He worked grueling, long hours. I remember him hauling boxes of goods and equipment to set u...