Skip to main content

You are Not in Conflict, You are Just Not Leading

You Are Not Conflicted — You Are Not Leading

Have you ever felt this?

You love someone… but you also want to control their time.
You want to save money… but you keep overspending.

And then you ask yourself,
“What’s wrong with me?”

Let me tell you something straight.

Nothing is wrong with you.
You are just not leading yourself.

For many years, I thought discipline was the answer.

If I could just be more focused, more controlled, more “right”…
then my life would be stable.

But it never worked.

Because the more I controlled,
the more I rebounded.

The more I suppressed,
the stronger the opposite side came back.

Until I realised this from Yijing (I-Ching or the Book of Changes): 

Yin and Yang are not in conflict.
They are in movement.

And if you don’t lead that movement,
that movement will lead you.


Your inner conflict is not a problem.

It is a signal.

  • Wanting to save and wanting to spend
  • Wanting love and wanting freedom

These are not contradictions.

They are forces.

And most people do one of two things:

They suppress one side… and suffer.
Or they indulge both sides… and lose control.

But there is a third way.

And this is where Love Intelligence (LQ) comes in.

LQ is not soft.

LQ is leadership, of yourself.

Using the 3Cs:

Care: You understand your desires, not judge them
Courage: You choose what is right, not what is easy
Connection: You align your inner forces instead of letting them fight

So instead of saying:
“I shouldn’t feel this…”

You ask:
“How do I lead this?”

That is the difference between a reactive life…
and a powerful life.

If this speaks to you, then don’t stop at understanding.

Because insight without action… changes nothing.

That’s why I created the LQ 8 Master Keys Coaching Program.

It’s an 8-week journey where you don’t just learn ideas—
you apply them to your real life:

Your relationships
Your decisions
Your money
Your energy

We start on 5 May, every Tuesday night.

The full program is $999.
But for the first 13, it’s $199… or $299 for two people.

And because it’s a rolling program,
you can come back again and again—at no extra cost.

So if you’re ready to stop fighting yourself…
and start leading your life,

Join me, visit here https://asiatrainers.org/coaching

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What an Executive Coach and Business Coach Does

The Secret Under the Mattress: Why would a 79-year Man Bet So Big on 4D?

It was 2007 when we discovered his secret. While moving my father’s mattress, we found them: heaps and heaps of Singapore Pools 4D tickets. They were stacked in layers, a paper trail of lost hopes. What shocked us most wasn’t just the volume, but the stakes. He wasn’t betting a few dollars for fun. He was punting hundreds of dollars per draw—nearly ten times a month. At the time, my siblings and I were furious. Our father was a 79-year-old retiree. We wondered, with a mix of anger and confusion, why a man at his stage of life would need to win such "big money." What was he going to do with the money? We saw it as a reckless habit, a sign of poor judgment in his final years.  Some of us would say, "If I were to give him money to buy 4D, why don't I use the money and buy 4D myself?  At least I have better discipline".  It has taken me two decades, and the experience of raising my own three grown-up children, to finally see the truth that was hidden under that matt...

Head Bleeding when the Chair Falls

The Weight of Silence: What Were We Really Arguing About? My earliest memories are punctuated by the sound of shouting. In 1970, when I was barely 6 years old, I stood as a small witness to the fierce quarrels between my father and my late eldest brother Kah Yang (he passed away in 1971 at the age of 17). As I grew up, these contradictions became the soundtrack of our lives, usually centered around our family's shoe shop and clothing stalls in Chinatown. In the court of family opinion, the verdict was almost always the same: my father was "wrong." He was judged as a man who didn't fulfill his role, who wasn't "burdening" enough for the family’s success. But as I look back from the vantage point of 2026, I have to ask: Was that actually true? Let me finally put to rest what my father did right: the truths that were buried under decades of criticism: Unseen Labor: He worked grueling, long hours. I remember him hauling boxes of goods and equipment to set u...