Skip to main content

Dear You

Dear Andy,

You are the only person who has walked with me every single day of my life.

When others came and went like seasons,
you remained through every sunrise and every storm.

1. You never left.
Friends moved on, colleagues changed, and relationships evolved,
but you stayed beside me through every triumph and every heartbreak.

2. You carried my dreams when no one could see them.
When the world measured results,
you protected possibilities.

3. You forgave me more times than I deserved.
For every mistake, every detour, every missed opportunity,
you quietly whispered, "Begin again."

4. You turned pain into wisdom.
The wounds that could have made me bitter
became lessons that made me kinder.

5. You chose courage over comfort.
You walked away when staying would cost your soul.
You stood for what was right, even when standing alone.

6. You discovered that love is not something to receive.
It is something to become.
And in becoming it, you found your true wealth.

7. You are the author of the story still being written.
Not the relationships. 
Not the failures.
Not the victories.
But the man who continued writing after every chapter ended.

So today, Andy,

Thank you for believing when doubt was louder than hope.

Thank you for caring when it was easier not to.

Thank you for having the courage to do the right thing.

Thank you for building connections that money cannot buy.

And thank you for becoming the person I most needed in this life.

For at the end of every journey,

when the applause fades,

when the titles disappear,

when the world falls silent,

the person waiting for me

is still You.

With gratitude,

Andy Ng KF

Perhaps that is the greatest lesson of Love Intelligence:

The first love letter you must write is not to another person.
It is to the one person who has never stopped accompanying you — yourself.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What an Executive Coach and Business Coach Does

The Secret Under the Mattress: Why would a 79-year Man Bet So Big on 4D?

It was 2007 when we discovered his secret. While moving my father’s mattress, we found them: heaps and heaps of Singapore Pools 4D tickets. They were stacked in layers, a paper trail of lost hopes. What shocked us most wasn’t just the volume, but the stakes. He wasn’t betting a few dollars for fun. He was punting hundreds of dollars per draw—nearly ten times a month. At the time, my siblings and I were furious. Our father was a 79-year-old retiree. We wondered, with a mix of anger and confusion, why a man at his stage of life would need to win such "big money." What was he going to do with the money? We saw it as a reckless habit, a sign of poor judgment in his final years.  Some of us would say, "If I were to give him money to buy 4D, why don't I use the money and buy 4D myself?  At least I have better discipline".  It has taken me two decades, and the experience of raising my own three grown-up children, to finally see the truth that was hidden under that matt...

Head Bleeding when the Chair Falls

The Weight of Silence: What Were We Really Arguing About? My earliest memories are punctuated by the sound of shouting. In 1970, when I was barely 6 years old, I stood as a small witness to the fierce quarrels between my father and my late eldest brother Kah Yang (he passed away in 1971 at the age of 17). As I grew up, these contradictions became the soundtrack of our lives, usually centered around our family's shoe shop and clothing stalls in Chinatown. In the court of family opinion, the verdict was almost always the same: my father was "wrong." He was judged as a man who didn't fulfill his role, who wasn't "burdening" enough for the family’s success. But as I look back from the vantage point of 2026, I have to ask: Was that actually true? Let me finally put to rest what my father did right: the truths that were buried under decades of criticism: Unseen Labor: He worked grueling, long hours. I remember him hauling boxes of goods and equipment to set u...