Skip to main content

可持续发展不单是环保、减碳、ESG

可持续发展的5大误区

一谈到“可持续发展”,很多人马上想到:环保、减碳、ESG。

其实,可持续发展可以很简单:

一件事情,如果能够不断重复,同时持续为自己、他人和世界创造价值,就是可持续。

但我们经常掉进以下5个误区:

误区一:可持续发展就是环保。

环保只是其中一部分。真正的可持续,还包括人才、绩效与治理。一家企业即使很环保,却把员工累垮、失去客户信任,也谈不上可持续。

误区二:可持续发展一定花钱。

好的可持续发展不是单纯增加成本,而是创造长期价值:减少浪费、留住人才、降低风险、建立信任。

误区三:这是ESG部门的事

错。可持续发展涉及战略、风险、人才和企业生存,首先应该是董事会和领导层的事。

误区四:照顾人,就要牺牲利润。

没有利润,企业无法持续;只顾利润,也可能无法长久。真正的挑战是:

人才 × 绩效 × 治理 = 可持续价值

误区五:可持续发展一定要做大事。

其实,它可以从最简单的行为开始——聆听。

聆听几乎不需要成本,却可以每天重复:

聆听 → 理解 → 连接 → 信任 → 价值

这也是我所提倡的爱的智慧(LQ)。

所以,下次不要只问:“这件事环保吗?”

更应该问:“这件事,我能不能一直做下去,而且越做越有价值?”

如果可以,这才是真正的可持续。

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What an Executive Coach and Business Coach Does

The Secret Under the Mattress: Why would a 79-year Man Bet So Big on 4D?

It was 2007 when we discovered his secret. While moving my father’s mattress, we found them: heaps and heaps of Singapore Pools 4D tickets. They were stacked in layers, a paper trail of lost hopes. What shocked us most wasn’t just the volume, but the stakes. He wasn’t betting a few dollars for fun. He was punting hundreds of dollars per draw—nearly ten times a month. At the time, my siblings and I were furious. Our father was a 79-year-old retiree. We wondered, with a mix of anger and confusion, why a man at his stage of life would need to win such "big money." What was he going to do with the money? We saw it as a reckless habit, a sign of poor judgment in his final years.  Some of us would say, "If I were to give him money to buy 4D, why don't I use the money and buy 4D myself?  At least I have better discipline".  It has taken me two decades, and the experience of raising my own three grown-up children, to finally see the truth that was hidden under that matt...

Head Bleeding when the Chair Falls

The Weight of Silence: What Were We Really Arguing About? My earliest memories are punctuated by the sound of shouting. In 1970, when I was barely 6 years old, I stood as a small witness to the fierce quarrels between my father and my late eldest brother Kah Yang (he passed away in 1971 at the age of 17). As I grew up, these contradictions became the soundtrack of our lives, usually centered around our family's shoe shop and clothing stalls in Chinatown. In the court of family opinion, the verdict was almost always the same: my father was "wrong." He was judged as a man who didn't fulfill his role, who wasn't "burdening" enough for the family’s success. But as I look back from the vantage point of 2026, I have to ask: Was that actually true? Let me finally put to rest what my father did right: the truths that were buried under decades of criticism: Unseen Labor: He worked grueling, long hours. I remember him hauling boxes of goods and equipment to set u...