Skip to main content

不战而屈人之兵,善之善者也

你最大的敌人,可能是自己的 Ego——《孙子兵法》早有答案

我们总以为,敌人在外面。

竞争对手、难搞的同事、争夺升职的人,或挑战我们权威的人。

但很多时候,我们最大的敌人,其实是自己的 Ego(自我)。

Ego 会告诉我们:

“我一定要证明我是对的。”

“我不能丢脸。”

“他凭什么挑战我?”

“我要让他们知道谁才是老大。”

于是,我们开始打一场原本根本不需要打的仗。

2500年前,孙子早就看懂了

《孙子兵法》的最高境界,从来不是打更多的仗。

而是:

不战而屈人之兵,善之善者也。

为什么很多领导者会陷入不必要的争斗?

很多时候,是因为 Ego 一定要赢。

顾客投诉——我们马上辩解。

员工反对——我们马上强调权威。

竞争对手攻击——我们马上反击。

有人公开批评——我们觉得非回应不可。

但孙子会问你一个完全不同的问题:

你真正要达到的目的是什么?

你赢了一场争论,也许爽了五分钟。

但如果因此失去顾客呢?

你压服了员工,也许证明了自己的权威。

但如果因此失去他的信任呢?

你公开打败了对手,也许保住了面子。

但如果因此制造了一个一辈子的敌人呢?

赢了战斗,不等于赢了战争。

不要让别人控制你的情绪

孙子说:

致人而不致于人。

让别人跟着你的节奏走,而不是让别人牵着你走。

这不只是战争智慧,更是领导智慧。

如果别人骂你一句,你马上生气——

到底是谁在控制谁?

如果竞争对手稍微刺激你,你就冲动做出错误决定,对方已经占了上风。

如果别人一批评,你就非回应不可,对方已经找到了控制你的按钮。

真正强大的领导者,不是反击最快、声音最大的人。

而是能够告诉自己:

“我不需要马上反应。我可以选择如何回应。”

这才是真正的力量。

最难战胜的人,是自己

孙子强调:

知彼知己。

“知己”不只是知道自己的优势和弱点。

更要认识自己的 Ego。

什么事情最容易激怒你?

什么话会让你马上进入防御状态?

你为什么那么需要别人的认同?

什么人最容易挑动你的情绪?

哪些仗,你其实不是为了结果而打,而只是因为——

你输不起?

当你开始看见这些,你的行为就会改变。

你不再为了证明自己而战。

你开始为了真正的目标而行动。

这就是我所说的:

Win Without Fighting——不战而胜

有时候,你真正需要打败的那个人,并不站在你的对面。

他就在你的心里面。

当你能够驾驭自己的 Ego,很多战争还没开始,就已经结束了。

《孙子兵法》给现代领导者最重要的提醒:

不要因为 Ego 想赢,就去打仗。

只有当“战”能够帮助你实现真正目标时,才值得战。

能够战胜自己的人,别人就很难战胜他。

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What an Executive Coach and Business Coach Does

The Secret Under the Mattress: Why would a 79-year Man Bet So Big on 4D?

It was 2007 when we discovered his secret. While moving my father’s mattress, we found them: heaps and heaps of Singapore Pools 4D tickets. They were stacked in layers, a paper trail of lost hopes. What shocked us most wasn’t just the volume, but the stakes. He wasn’t betting a few dollars for fun. He was punting hundreds of dollars per draw—nearly ten times a month. At the time, my siblings and I were furious. Our father was a 79-year-old retiree. We wondered, with a mix of anger and confusion, why a man at his stage of life would need to win such "big money." What was he going to do with the money? We saw it as a reckless habit, a sign of poor judgment in his final years.  Some of us would say, "If I were to give him money to buy 4D, why don't I use the money and buy 4D myself?  At least I have better discipline".  It has taken me two decades, and the experience of raising my own three grown-up children, to finally see the truth that was hidden under that matt...

Head Bleeding when the Chair Falls

The Weight of Silence: What Were We Really Arguing About? My earliest memories are punctuated by the sound of shouting. In 1970, when I was barely 6 years old, I stood as a small witness to the fierce quarrels between my father and my late eldest brother Kah Yang (he passed away in 1971 at the age of 17). As I grew up, these contradictions became the soundtrack of our lives, usually centered around our family's shoe shop and clothing stalls in Chinatown. In the court of family opinion, the verdict was almost always the same: my father was "wrong." He was judged as a man who didn't fulfill his role, who wasn't "burdening" enough for the family’s success. But as I look back from the vantage point of 2026, I have to ask: Was that actually true? Let me finally put to rest what my father did right: the truths that were buried under decades of criticism: Unseen Labor: He worked grueling, long hours. I remember him hauling boxes of goods and equipment to set u...