Skip to main content

从零到没成功,他们却是我们的英雄

 

没有成功,却感动千万人

《给阿嬷的情书》告诉我们:英雄,不以成败论

今天,我们总是用财富、地位和成就来衡量一个人是否成功。

但《给阿嬷的情书》却告诉我们:

真正伟大的人,不一定拥有世俗意义上的成功。

1. 郑木生,1960年38岁就离世。被人杀死。

没有财富。没有名声。没有事业。

却留下了责任、担当和对家人的爱。

2. 谢兰芝,晚年患上失智症。

她几乎忘记了自己曾经做过的一切。

没有人知道她默默付出了二十年。

但她的情义,却感动了千万观众。

3. 叶淑柔,88岁依然住在乡村老家。

没有财富。没有地位。没有辉煌的人生。

却用一生的等待与忠诚,让人看见爱的力量。

如果按照今天社会的标准,他们都算不上成功。

可是,他们却影响了无数人的生命。

为什么?

因为真正留在人们心中的,

不是一个人的成就,而是一个人的品格。

这让我想起一句古话:

“不以成败论英雄。”

真正值得尊敬的人,不是拥有最多的人,而是付出最多的人。

不是最成功的人,而是最有情有义的人。

这也是我的书和课程《爱的智慧》(Love Intelligence)一直强调的:

关爱(Care)。

勇气(Courage)。

连接(Connection)。

这些品格,远比财富更长久;

远比名声更珍贵;也远比成功更能影响世界。

也许,

《给阿嬷的情书》最想告诉我们的,

不是如何成功。

而是如何成为一个值得被记住的人。

因为人生最后留下来的,不是你拥有了什么,

而是你爱过谁、帮助过谁、又影响了谁。

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What an Executive Coach and Business Coach Does

The Secret Under the Mattress: Why would a 79-year Man Bet So Big on 4D?

It was 2007 when we discovered his secret. While moving my father’s mattress, we found them: heaps and heaps of Singapore Pools 4D tickets. They were stacked in layers, a paper trail of lost hopes. What shocked us most wasn’t just the volume, but the stakes. He wasn’t betting a few dollars for fun. He was punting hundreds of dollars per draw—nearly ten times a month. At the time, my siblings and I were furious. Our father was a 79-year-old retiree. We wondered, with a mix of anger and confusion, why a man at his stage of life would need to win such "big money." What was he going to do with the money? We saw it as a reckless habit, a sign of poor judgment in his final years.  Some of us would say, "If I were to give him money to buy 4D, why don't I use the money and buy 4D myself?  At least I have better discipline".  It has taken me two decades, and the experience of raising my own three grown-up children, to finally see the truth that was hidden under that matt...

Head Bleeding when the Chair Falls

The Weight of Silence: What Were We Really Arguing About? My earliest memories are punctuated by the sound of shouting. In 1970, when I was barely 6 years old, I stood as a small witness to the fierce quarrels between my father and my late eldest brother Kah Yang (he passed away in 1971 at the age of 17). As I grew up, these contradictions became the soundtrack of our lives, usually centered around our family's shoe shop and clothing stalls in Chinatown. In the court of family opinion, the verdict was almost always the same: my father was "wrong." He was judged as a man who didn't fulfill his role, who wasn't "burdening" enough for the family’s success. But as I look back from the vantage point of 2026, I have to ask: Was that actually true? Let me finally put to rest what my father did right: the truths that were buried under decades of criticism: Unseen Labor: He worked grueling, long hours. I remember him hauling boxes of goods and equipment to set u...