Skip to main content

Am I carrying love... or am I carrying expectations?

 

What Dear You Teaches Us About Pure Love

Many people say, "Love is hard.", "I feel so tired loving someone."  "I feel pressured to be loved."

But perhaps what we are carrying is not love.

It is responsibilityOr expectation, guilt or fear.

Because love itself is never a burden. 

Love simply loves. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Dear You beautifully demonstrates this truth.

First, Nanzhi never expected anything in return.
For eighteen years, she wrote letters and sent money to Shurou under Musheng's name. She never asked for recognition, gratitude or even friendship. She loved because she chose to love.

Second, Xie Laishun loved his child unconditionally.
Though poor and often misunderstood, everything he did was for his family. He never kept score, never demanded repayment. Like many parents, his love was expressed through quiet sacrifice rather than words.

Third, Shurou never measured Musheng by what he could provide.
In her heart, he remained the young, hardworking man she loved. She remembered his love, not his shortcomings. True love remembers the best in a person.

This is the essence of Love Intelligence (LQ).

  • Care expects nothing in return.
  • Courage chooses to love even when it requires sacrifice.
  • Connection is built not through obligation, but through genuine affection.

When love begins to feel heavy, perhaps it is time to ask ourselves:

Am I carrying love... or am I carrying expectations?

Because love does not imprison.  Love liberates.

And perhaps that is why Dear You has touched millions around the world.

It reminds us that the purest love is never about possession, pressure or repayment.

It is simply about loving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What an Executive Coach and Business Coach Does

How I Became a Fortune Teller: Leveraging NLP, Fear and Greed, and Motivational Theories

Becoming a fortune teller wasn’t part of my childhood dreams. It started as an experiment, fueled by my curiosity about human behavior and the subtle forces that drive our decisions. Over time, what began as a study of psychology and human interaction evolved into an unexpected career—one where I use the tools of NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming), the primal drivers of fear and greed, and motivational theories to help people uncover their paths. The First Step: Understanding the Human Psyche I was always fascinated by why people do what they do. During my university years, I studied psychology, particularly the works of Abraham Maslow, B.F. Skinner, and Victor Vroom. Their theories provided insights into motivation, reinforcement, and decision-making. But I wanted to move beyond the academic realm and see how these theories worked in real life. Around this time, I discovered NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming). This framework for understanding communication and behavior is based on the...

If Not You, Who Else?

I learnt this very powerful 5-word phrase from Singapore's highest ever box-office movie ever: "Ah Boys to Men II". In one scene, the recruits were about to start their 3-day field camp.  Their Officer-in-Command asked them, "Before we moved out, anybody not feeling well?"  All the soldiers replied loudly, "No Sir!!!" "Gentlemen", continued the Officer, "Every time the training gets tougher, one thought comes to your mind, 'Why Must I Serve National Service?' "My answer to you is, 'If Not You, Then Who Else?'" Wow!  What a powerful phrase!  If Not You, Who Else may mean: You are the most suitable person, and we can't find anyone better than you.  This is appreciation at the highest level How can you push this responsibility to someone else? I am making a request to you specifically, please don't reject my request Can you find me another person more suitable than you? Please refer me anot...