Skip to main content

从零到英雄:新加坡的故事


从零到英雄:新加坡的故事

新加坡的诞生,不只是一个政治事件。

那是一段充满泪水、恐惧、不确定,却又令人感动的历史。

1963年,新加坡加入马来西亚。不到两年,1965年8月9日,新加坡脱离马来西亚,突然成为一个独立国家。

当时,很少人相信新加坡能够生存下来。

我们几乎没有天然资源,失业率高达约10%。住房不足、社会局势不稳定、种族关系紧张,国家的未来充满未知。

新加坡几乎从零开始。

但是,我们拥有一种比天然资源更重要的资源:

人。

领导人有决心,敢于做困难的决定。

人民肯吃苦、肯奋斗。

企业家敢于冒险。

父母为了下一代,努力工作、牺牲自己。

不同种族、不同文化的人,也逐渐学会一起生活、一起工作、一起建设这个国家。

新加坡的成功不是一夜之间发生的。

它是一家工厂、一所学校、一座组屋、一个工作机会,一代又一代地建设起来的。

这段历史对我尤其有意义。

我出生于1964年,比新加坡独立还早一年。

换句话说,新加坡从独立到今天的崛起,几乎就是我的一生。

我亲眼看着一个曾经不知道自己能不能生存的小岛国,一步一步成长为今天的国际金融、航空、航运、科技和商业中心。

1965年,新加坡人均GDP只有大约500美元

到了2025年,已经达到约9.4万至9.9万美元,视不同统计口径而定,成为全球最富裕的经济体之一。

这不仅仅是财富的增长。

这是一个真正的:

From Zero to Hero——从零到英雄的故事。

但是,新加坡故事最重要的,不是我们的先辈创造了什么。

而是他们的故事告诉今天的我们什么。

当年的他们并不知道新加坡一定会成功。他们没有今天的财富,没有完善的基础设施,没有互联网,更没有AI。

他们只有手上的资源,然后勇敢地去做。

今天,我们面对的挑战已经不同。

AI正在改变工作,全球竞争越来越激烈,VUCA成为常态,人口老龄化、成本上涨;企业不仅面对拼多多的超低价竞争,新柔RTS通车后,新山也将变得更加靠近。

但是,新加坡以前面对过更大的不确定。

我们的先辈已经证明:

决定我们未来的,不是我们拥有多少资源,而是我们如何回应眼前的环境。

新加坡的第一章,是生存

第二章,是繁荣

现在,轮到我们写下一章。

我们这一代,要留下一个怎样的新加坡?

我们的先辈,把他们建设的新加坡交给了我们。

今天,我们的责任,是把一个更好的新加坡,交给下一代。

所以,新加坡故事不应该只是每年国庆日拿出来回忆的历史。

对我来说,它更是一段我亲眼见证了一生的历史

我出生于1964年。新加坡1965年独立。

我几乎与这个国家一起成长。

我们曾经几乎一无所有。

我们创造了一个世界奇迹。

而这个故事,还没有写完。

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What an Executive Coach and Business Coach Does

How I Became a Fortune Teller: Leveraging NLP, Fear and Greed, and Motivational Theories

Becoming a fortune teller wasn’t part of my childhood dreams. It started as an experiment, fueled by my curiosity about human behavior and the subtle forces that drive our decisions. Over time, what began as a study of psychology and human interaction evolved into an unexpected career—one where I use the tools of NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming), the primal drivers of fear and greed, and motivational theories to help people uncover their paths. The First Step: Understanding the Human Psyche I was always fascinated by why people do what they do. During my university years, I studied psychology, particularly the works of Abraham Maslow, B.F. Skinner, and Victor Vroom. Their theories provided insights into motivation, reinforcement, and decision-making. But I wanted to move beyond the academic realm and see how these theories worked in real life. Around this time, I discovered NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming). This framework for understanding communication and behavior is based on the...

If Not You, Who Else?

I learnt this very powerful 5-word phrase from Singapore's highest ever box-office movie ever: "Ah Boys to Men II". In one scene, the recruits were about to start their 3-day field camp.  Their Officer-in-Command asked them, "Before we moved out, anybody not feeling well?"  All the soldiers replied loudly, "No Sir!!!" "Gentlemen", continued the Officer, "Every time the training gets tougher, one thought comes to your mind, 'Why Must I Serve National Service?' "My answer to you is, 'If Not You, Then Who Else?'" Wow!  What a powerful phrase!  If Not You, Who Else may mean: You are the most suitable person, and we can't find anyone better than you.  This is appreciation at the highest level How can you push this responsibility to someone else? I am making a request to you specifically, please don't reject my request Can you find me another person more suitable than you? Please refer me anot...